When it was revealed that gold was one of the color options for the new iPhone 5s, we’re sure some felt that the color was a bit too gaudy and ostentatious, but it seems that perhaps the gold finish was not meant for everyone as it was suggested that perhaps the color option was designed for markets such as China, where gold is a very popular option as it symbolizes fortune. It turns out that Apple was right in their predictions as it has been reported by Chinese media outlets that the gold iPhone 5s has since been sold out.
The iPhone 5s has yet to be released and has been given a 20th of September release date, but over in China to help manage the surge of customers coming in to buy the phone, Apple has allowed reservations of the device to be made and reservations for the gold iPhone 5s were the quickest to be made, with the space gray version of the iPhone 5s yet to be sold out completely. Another reason Apple has allowed reservations is to prevent scalping which unfortunately is a pretty big problem for Apple and their customers in China. What do you guys think? Do you think you will be picking up a gold iPhone 5s?
- 2014-04-22 iOS 7.1.1 Update Brings Touch ID Improvements
- 2014-04-17 Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-15 Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-03 Galaxy S5 Versus iPhone 5s In Biometrics Test
- 2014-03-17 Asphaleia Jailbreak Tweak Lets You Use Touch ID To Protect Your Apps