Earlier today we picked up leaked info of the GTA 5 companion app for iPhone and iPad. Rockstar has now officially released the app. Its called iFruit, basically it provides users with another way of experiencing GTA 5 even when they’re not playing the game on a console. The app can be used to tend to Franklin’s canine sidekick, Chop, as well as to customize vehicles that users drive in the actual game. iFruit will also provide users with the latest GTA 5 related news, keep them connected to parody social network LifeInvader and other Rockstar Games apps, and will also allow them to log into Rockstar Games Social Club.
Los Santos Customs will allow users to customize their ultimate vehicle. They can choose from a variety of options such as unique paint jobs, smoke colors, wheels, hoods and spoilers as well as windows tints. Engine, brake, suspension and exhaust and also be upgraded through this app, users may also add additional accessories like body armor, horns and lights. There’s also the option to create and reserve custom license plates for both GTA 5 and GTA Online. Once the car has been customized, it will be available to the user in GTA 5 the next time they play it.
Looking after Chop in iFruit will make the dog behave well in the actual game. Users can play fetch and tug-of-war and even pet, feed or water him through the app. A happy Chop in iFruit means that he will be more helpful and responsive, will performance more tricks and find hidden objects in GTA 5. iFruit app is available as a free download from iTunes app store. It works natively with iPhone and iPad, the app weighs in at 444MB.
- 2014-04-16: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Trailer Recreated In GTA 5
- 2014-04-08: Grand Theft Auto V On PC, Xbox One And PS4 This June (Rumor)
- 2014-03-18: GTA 5 For PC Beta Test Emails Are Fake And Contain Malware
- 2014-03-02: Skyfall Train Fight Scene Created In GTA 5
- 2014-02-27: Mobster's Daughter Alleges GTA 5 Used Her Story And Likeness Without Her Permission
- 2013-09-20: GTA 5 Earns $1 Billion In Three Days
- 2012-11-02: Grand Theft Auto 5 leaked promotional materials give away some of the locations within the game
- 2012-10-25: Rockstar unveils first official Grand Theft Auto 5 artwork
- 2012-10-19: Rockstar launches official Grand Theft Auto 5 Facebook page
- 2011-03-22: Grand Theft Auto V Confirmed by Gilbert Gottfried, But For What Consoles?