With Rockstar’s Grand Theft Auto 5 earning $1 billion in sales so far, it is without doubt a commercial success, and now according to the folks at Chart-Track, it looks like over in the UK, GTA 5 has managed to rocket to the number 1 spot. According to the data gathered by Chart-Track, GTA 5 has managed to sell more in its first compared compared to all the other GTA titles sold combined. In fact GTA 5 has also managed to beat the record set by Call of Duty: Black Ops, by selling almost 250,000 more units, and has even become the 24th biggest selling title of all time in the UK after less than a week of going up for sale.
As it stands GTA 5 is available on both the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3. There is no word on whether Rockstar plans to add next-gen console support such as the Xbox One and the PlayStation 4, or for the PC platform whose gamers have managed to gather almost half a million signatures for the petition. We can only imagine that Rockstar’s sales figures would have been much higher if the game had been released for the PC as well. In any case we expect GTA 5 to go on and record more impressive numbers in the weeks and months ahead, but in the meantime have you guys managed to get your hands on a copy of the game yet?
- 2014-04-08: Grand Theft Auto V On PC, Xbox One And PS4 This June (Rumor)
- 2014-03-18: GTA 5 For PC Beta Test Emails Are Fake And Contain Malware
- 2014-03-02: Skyfall Train Fight Scene Created In GTA 5
- 2014-02-27: Mobster's Daughter Alleges GTA 5 Used Her Story And Likeness Without Her Permission
- 2014-02-06: Rockstar Developer Tweets Hint At GTA 5 For The PC