Rockstar Games released its open-world crime simulator Grand Theft Auto 5 this week, which as a result has created quite a few stories of interest including a retailer handing out “fake cocaine“ to those who pre-ordered the game, a robbery and some guys acting like police officers in order to get the game early. As crazy as people have been going over Grand Theft Auto 5, there isn’t any news as crazy as reports of how much the game sold on its first day.
Rockstar Games’ Grand Theft Auto 5 made a total of $800 million in just its first day of sales worldwide, according to Take-Two. This makes Grand Theft Auto 5 the leader in terms of highest first-day retail sales for Take-Two as well as any previously released Grand Theft Auto game and is set to break other records soon as analysts believe the game will cross the $1 billion threshold very soon.
What probably helped in the game receiving this kind of reception was due to the fact around 8,300 retail stores in North America held special midnight openings in order to meet consumer demand for the title. We’re sure it’ll only be a matter of days until we hear Grand Theft Auto 5 has hit $1 billion in sales, with sales certainly expected to pick up over the upcoming holiday season.RELATED
- Final Fantasy VIII Launches On PC Via Steam
- UK Teen Pays £450 For Xbox One Day One Edition On eBay, Receives Photo Instead
- Bill Gates Appear In South Park Xbox One-PS4 Episode
- Microsoft Provides Helpful Tips For Navigating The Xbox One Interface
- Double Dragon Trilogy Arrives On iOS And Android Platforms
- Follow: grand theft auto v, gta 5, rockstar games,