Rockstar Games will be releasing Grand Theft Auto 5 on both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 tomorrow, but if you’re a PC gamer, your time with the game is currently unknown as the company has yet to announce if they have any plans at all to bring their open-world crime simulator to PC. A petition was created to hopefully push Rockstar to announce a PC version of Grand Theft Auto 5 late last year, which at last count, passed the 200,000 signature mark. Today, we’re hearing that number has risen to over 350,000 signatures.
Considering Rockstar has released nearly every version of its Grand Theft Auto series onto PC, we think it’s inevitable for Grand Theft Auto 5 to hit the PC, especially since the game took five years to create along with every Rockstar-owned game studio taking part in its development. Grand Theft Auto 5 has been a huge investment for Rockstar and they’d be crazy if they ignored the PC market, although we can understand due to rampant piracy, why they wouldn’t be jumping at the chance to offer the game at first.
Either way, Rockstar is most likely very well aware of PC gamers pleads for Grand Theft Auto 5 to make it onto their platform of choice. We’re sure it’ll only be a matter of time until they make their official announcement.
- 2014-03-18: Mi World Portable Computing System
- 2014-03-13: Install Xbox One Controller On PC
- 2014-02-05: Apple Clinched 19.5 Percent Of Global PC And Tablet Market In Q4 2013
- 2014-01-27: R-Kaid Revelation Lets You Game In Style
- 2014-01-15: ICE xPC Is A Modular PC
- 2013-11-14: GTA Online Receiving Free 'Beach Bum' DLC Pack Nov. 19
- 2013-11-07: GTA Online Players Now Receiving $500k Stimulus Package
- 2013-10-30: Rockstar Rewarding Unique Selfies With GTA 5 #EpicPhotobomb Contest
- 2013-10-09: GTA 5 Patch 1.03 Available Today On PS3, Xbox 360
- 2013-10-07: GTA 5 Reviewed By Mother In Hilarious SNL Skit [Video]