At the Cyanogen Inc. formation announcement, there was a particularly interesting bit of information that was pointed out by those who went through the entire announcement with a keen eye for detail. It seems that Cyanogen Inc. are currently in cahoots, or rather, partnership, with a major smartphone OEM. This deal has already been struck, but the official announcement is set to be announced in a few weeks’ time. CyanogenMod fans would be extremely happy to hear this particular news, where it translates to being able to buy an official CyanogenMod handset sometime in 2014.
As for the mystery suitor in this case, Blog of Mobile claims that HTC are the ones who are actually the unnamed major smartphone OEM. This particular report first made its way to the Internet after drawing inspiration from a post on Ruliweb forums. While it might be that Cyanogen Inc. office and the HTC Developer Center branch happen to be located in Seattle, only time will tell whether their hardware collaborations, if confirmed, are able to bring HTC up to the next level in terms of the pecking order. Who do you think would do a better job as being the official hardware partner of Cyanogen?
Next Story: Get A Closer Look At The Nokia Lumia 1520
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Sense 6 Gets Ported Onto Nexus 5
- 2014-04-14: Sense 6.0 Arriving On HTC One By End Of May
- 2014-04-08: HTC One Review (M8)
- 2014-04-08: HTC M8 Ace Leaked
- 2013-06-27: CyanogenMod 10.1 For The HTC One XL
- 2012-05-15: CyanogenMod 9 nightlies now available for the HTC Sensation and T-Mobile Sensation 4G
- 2012-02-17: HTC EVO 3D receives early alpha CM9 build
- 2011-12-01: Nexus One receives Ice Cream Sandwich with CM9
- 2011-09-12: Cyanogenmod 7 Alpha build hits the HTC EVO 3D