At the Cyanogen Inc. formation announcement, there was a particularly interesting bit of information that was pointed out by those who went through the entire announcement with a keen eye for detail. It seems that Cyanogen Inc. are currently in cahoots, or rather, partnership, with a major smartphone OEM. This deal has already been struck, but the official announcement is set to be announced in a few weeks’ time. CyanogenMod fans would be extremely happy to hear this particular news, where it translates to being able to buy an official CyanogenMod handset sometime in 2014.
As for the mystery suitor in this case, Blog of Mobile claims that HTC are the ones who are actually the unnamed major smartphone OEM. This particular report first made its way to the Internet after drawing inspiration from a post on Ruliweb forums. While it might be that Cyanogen Inc. office and the HTC Developer Center branch happen to be located in Seattle, only time will tell whether their hardware collaborations, if confirmed, are able to bring HTC up to the next level in terms of the pecking order. Who do you think would do a better job as being the official hardware partner of Cyanogen?RELATED
- Moto X And Moto G Orders Delayed For Some Due To Winter Storm Dion
- Crytek To Release "The Collectables" Mobile Game
- Is Google Replacing Gallery On Android With The Photos App?
- Instagram's Messaging Feature Reportedly "Confirmed" For Tomorrow
- Nokia Steps In After Samsung's PR Nightmare With Galaxy S4 Users
- Follow: CyanogenMod, HTC,
- Seen at: unwiredview