Well, you know for sure that a particular device is about to arrive in the mainstream market when it appears on the FCC, and the same can be said for the HTC Desire 601. Much has been leaked about it, but there was still no exact release date as well as pricing details for the HTC Desire 601. I guess all of that will change now, with the smartphone from Taiwanese manufacturer HTC making a splash over at the FCC. So far, in the FCC listing itself, it sports compatibility with Sprint’s LTE bands, alongside the HTC Desire 601′s codename of “Zara” seen in the build number.
In the past, the folks over at @evleaks did post something about the HTC Desire 601 making its way over to Virgin Mobile. There is a very high chance of that happening now, considering how Virgin Mobile happens to be a wholly owned subsidiary of Sprint. Apart from that, the FCC filing did reveal additional information such as Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean arriving right out of the box, not to mention other hardware specifications such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and NFC connectivity. Would you pick up the HTC Desire 601 when it arrives, or have you set your sights on something fancier?
- 2014-04-08: HTC One Review (M8)
- 2014-04-08: HTC M8 Ace Leaked
- 2014-04-07: Your HTC One M8 Can Be Coverted Into A Google Play Edition
- 2014-04-06: Mysterious HTC 0PAJ3 Spotted On AnTuTu Benchmarks
- 2014-04-03: HTC One M8 Developer Edition Price To Increase Tomorrow
- 2014-03-04: All New HTC One Approved By The FCC
- 2014-02-20: HTC M8 Spotted At The FCC
- 2012-11-05: HTC DLX takes a stroll through the FCC’s gardens
- 2012-09-13: HTC One X+ hits the FCC
- 2012-03-12: T-Mobile's HTC One S arrives at the FCC