We have been hearing the rumors of a possible HTC One Max for a while now. We’ve seen the leaked photos and now thanks to a new rumor, it has been suggested that the handset could be primed for an announcement on the 15th of October. As for availability of the handset itself, the report has suggested that it will not be too long after the announcement that the device will be made available for purchase. Given that we’ve seen the device leaked multiple times in the past as well as receive Chinese certification, it would seem as though the device is good to go and just needs to be announced.
While HTC has yet to confirm anything yet, it is believed that the HTC One Max will be a larger version of the HTC One (which has since seen a smaller version known as the One Mini). It is expected to compete against the likes of the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and will sport a 5.9” display, making it a tad larger. It is also rumored to pack a Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 chipset, 4G connectivity, and a microSD card slot. We’re not sure what’s up with the older Qualcomm chipset, although it has been suggested that it could be to cut costs, but either way hopefully HTC will be making an official announcement soon.
Next Story: Nissan Robot Car Gains Driving License
- 2014-04-08: HTC One Review (M8)
- 2014-04-08: HTC M8 Ace Leaked
- 2014-04-07: Your HTC One M8 Can Be Coverted Into A Google Play Edition
- 2014-04-06: Mysterious HTC 0PAJ3 Spotted On AnTuTu Benchmarks
- 2014-04-03: HTC One M8 Developer Edition Price To Increase Tomorrow
- 2013-11-27: HTC One Max Review
- 2013-10-17: HTC One Max Will Not Be Headed To Canada
- 2013-10-16: HTC Comments On One Max's Fingerprint Security
- 2013-10-08: HTC One Max Confirmed To Get Fingerprint Scanner, Says WSJ
- 2013-10-08: HTC Sends Out Invites For 16th/18th October Event In Hong Kong And Taiwan