There were a number of news pieces that slipped through the cracks during Apple’s iPhone event, such as Apple updating its iPod line to include the iPhone 5S’ space grey color option. One bit of news that slipped through the cracks even though it took center stage during Apple’s presentation was the next chapter in ChAIR Entertainment’s popular iOS franchise, Infinity Blade.
During Apple’s iPhone event, ChAIR Entertainment’s founder and creative director Donald Mustard took center stage to announce Infinity Blade III. Announcing the game wasn’t all, as Mustard also took the opportunity to show the game off, which he says will take full advantage of the iPhone 5S’ new A7 64-bit processor. “This has depth of field and blur and full-screen vignettes. We can even add lens flares that would make JJ Abrams proud,” he said during the presentation.
Infinity Blade III will allow players to fight as a female warrior named Isa in addition to the standard hero, named Siris. The game will feature a hideout where players can view an overworld map and can even unlock new heroes to assist the main hero.
Infinity Blade will be sold at $6.99 and be released on September 18, which is the same day iOS 7 is released across multiple iOS devices and just two days prior to the launch of the iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C.
- 2014-04-13: How To Transfer Contacts From iPhone To Android (5 Ways)
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Apple's iOS, OS X, And "Key Web-Based Services" Not Affected By Heartbleed Flaw
- 2014-04-07: Quitting iOS Apps Might Actually Cause Battery Drain, According To Former Apple Genius
- 2014-04-04: Apple's iPhone Almost Had An Always-On Display
- 2014-04-03: Next-Gen iOS Devices May Have Faster, Power Efficient LPDDR4 DRAM
- 2012-01-06: Infinity Blade makes over $30 million in 2011
- 2011-12-01: Infinity Blade 2 available today
- 2011-11-23: Infinity Blade 2 visuals are impressive [video]