So it is almost a given that the iPhone 5S will sport a fingerprint scanner as multiple reports have since “confirmed” the feature, although knowing Apple, they probably will be giving it a different name and thanks to a leaked user manual obtained by Nowhereelse.fr, it seems that the fingerprint scanner could be known as “Touch ID”.
As you can see in the photo above, the manual does look pretty legit and could be the real thing and pictures the iPhone 5S with iOS 7 on it, although it should be noted that the manual seems to refer to the volume buttons as “Volume Buttons”, and the sleep/wake button as the “Sleep/Wake Button”, as opposed to “Volume Up/Down” and “On/Off Sleep/Wake” which it was previously known by, although this naming convention has appeared on iPod and iPad manuals before, so it’s possible Apple is trying to unify its naming scheme.
In any case we’re only a few hours away from Apple officially unveiling the device, so we guess we won’t have to wait much longer to see if the rumors pan out. In the meantime who’s looking forward to an iPhone with a fingerprint sensor embedded in it?
Next Story: Olympus E-M1 Officially Launched
- 2014-04-22 iOS 7.1.1 Update Brings Touch ID Improvements
- 2014-04-17 Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-15 Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-03 Galaxy S5 Versus iPhone 5s In Biometrics Test
- 2014-03-17 Asphaleia Jailbreak Tweak Lets You Use Touch ID To Protect Your Apps