We’ve already seen a teardown of the elusive Gold iPhone 5S earlier today, although the release of a major handset wouldn’t be complete until we’ve seen it abused by performing a number of drop tests to see how they fair against those with extremely buttery fingers. Both the iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C are officially releasing today, and what better way to mark the occasion than by dropping the hell out of them?
Android Authority is an online publication that writes about Android devices, which is why they were so antsy to torture the new iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C. The editors performed several drop tests by dropping both the iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C from chest level onto their backs, sides and fronts.
As you’d expect, the iPhone 5C’s overall plastic body didn’t fair too well in its drop tests as overall it was less sturdy and it suffered a shattered screen. The iPhone 5S, on the other hand, was able to take a bit more punishment than its more colorful sibling as it walked away with a couple of slightly noticeable dings, but nothing as major as what resulted from the iPhone 5C being dropped. So if you have butter fingers, it looks like the iPhone 5S should be your next iPhone, that is, unless you get your iPhone 5C a case that would make it more durable.RELATED
- Digg iOS App Updated With Digg Video Support
- Turn Your iPhone 5C Case Into A Work Of Art With CaseCollage
- iPhone 5S Users Experiencing 'Blue Screen Of Death' Bug [Video]
- iPhone 5C Gets Shot With A .50 Caliber Rifle
- Japanese iPhone Accessory Makes Smell-O-Vision A Reality
- Follow: drop test, iPhone, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5S,