We’ve already seen a teardown of the elusive Gold iPhone 5S earlier today, although the release of a major handset wouldn’t be complete until we’ve seen it abused by performing a number of drop tests to see how they fair against those with extremely buttery fingers. Both the iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C are officially releasing today, and what better way to mark the occasion than by dropping the hell out of them?
Android Authority is an online publication that writes about Android devices, which is why they were so antsy to torture the new iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C. The editors performed several drop tests by dropping both the iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C from chest level onto their backs, sides and fronts.
As you’d expect, the iPhone 5C’s overall plastic body didn’t fair too well in its drop tests as overall it was less sturdy and it suffered a shattered screen. The iPhone 5S, on the other hand, was able to take a bit more punishment than its more colorful sibling as it walked away with a couple of slightly noticeable dings, but nothing as major as what resulted from the iPhone 5C being dropped. So if you have butter fingers, it looks like the iPhone 5S should be your next iPhone, that is, unless you get your iPhone 5C a case that would make it more durable.
- 2014-04-24 The Feeling Skin Is An iPhone Battery Case And More
- 2014-04-23 iPhone 6's Metal Casings Could Be Supplied By Catcher [Rumor]
- 2014-04-23 Apple Sells 43.7 Million iPhones, 16.3 Million iPads In Q2 2014
- 2014-04-22 Fading Carrier Subsidies May Hit High-End Smartphones
- 2014-04-22 5.5-inch iPhone Delayed To 2015 [Rumor]
- 2013-11-01 Boost Mobile iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c Pricing Revealed
- 2013-10-21 iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C Headed To Boost Mobile November 8
- 2013-10-17 Apple iPhone 5s And iPhone 5c Prices In France Raised
- 2013-09-16 iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C Reservations Total 100,000 In China
- 2013-09-13 AT&T iPhone 5s And iPhone 5c Arrives On September 20