Lenovo announced a wide variety of products just last week during IFA that ranged from tablets, all-in-one PCs, convertible PCs and even a smartphone, but it looks like their well has yet to run dry as the company is announcing it’s bringing Intel’s Haswell processor to the rest of its ThinkPad line of notebooks.
Lenovo announced their T, W, L and E Series laptops would become available with Intel’s court-generation Haswell processor, although they would also be receiving better graphics, faster connectivity and improved security measures as well. The first notebook Lenovo highlights in today’s announcement is its T440P and T540P, with both including an i7-core processor, NVIDIA GT730M GPU. SSD and HDD of up to 1TB, a mini-DisplayPort, VGA, 4x USB 3.0, and an SD card reader. Lenovo also mentions both notebooks will have better battery life with 13.7 hours of juice available on the T440P and 12.6 hours on the T540P, as long as you have the extended battery pack.
The ThinkPad W540 is a step above both the T440P and T540P as it includes a 15.5-inch 3K IPS 2880 x 1620 display, an Intel quad-core i7 processor, NVIDIA Quadro GPU, up to 2TB of storage and support for up to 32GB of RAM.
The final series to receive a Haswell upgrade is the L and E Series. The L Series includes encrypted hard drives, BIOS port locking and Intel’s vPro management technology. In total, the L440 will last for up to 12 hours, while the L540 will last around 11 hours.
The ThinkPad T440P, T540P and W540 will be released this November, while the L and E Series will be available starting in October.
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-04-06: Lenovo's IBM Server Unit Bid Raises National Security Concerns
- 2014-03-31: Motorola By Lenovo Brand Might Be Under Consideration
- 2014-03-30: Lenovo Recalls ThinkPad Batteries Over Fire Hazard
- 2014-03-21: Lenovo Spends $100 Million Acquiring New Patents And Licenses
- 2014-01-29: Lenovo ThinkPad 11e Delivers Rugged Computing Solution To Students
- 2013-11-20: Lenovo ThinkPad 8 Makes Its Way Through The FCC
- 2013-09-02: Lenovo ThinkPad T440s And T440 Ultrabooks Unveiled
- 2013-09-02: Lenovo ThinkPad S440 & S540
- 2013-07-09: Lenovo ThinkPad T440s Ultrabook Will Be Powered By Haswell