Are all Ultrabooks created equal? Lenovo does not think so, as they have just revealed the ThinkPad X240 which has been touted to be a high performance thin and light business Ultrabook, specially constructed to deliver maximum portability and functionality. Just how lightweight and portable is it? Well, it measures a mere 20mm in thickness and tips the scales at less than 3 pounds, while running on a 4th generation Intel Core i7 processor to provide you with the relevant processing power whenever you are on the go.
With Windows 8 as the operating system of choice, the ThinkPad X240 will feature a 12.5” HD display, up to 8GB RAM, up to a 1TB hard drive with the option to have an SSD only storage solution, Dolby Theater Advanced Audio 2 capability, an enhanced backlit keyboard with added functionality for Windows 8 gestures, a more generous trackpad size for better control and utilization, and Power Bridge functionality which allows you to swap out the removable battery for the 6-cell travel battery without having to power down the system. It is said that the ThinkPad X240 can last a full 10 hours plus of battery life on a solitary charge.
Connectivity options include VGA and Ethernet ports, a SD memory card reader, HDMI out, and a pair of USB 3.0 ports. Pricing and availability details remain to be announced.
- 2014-04-15: Lenovo FLEX 2 Laptops Announced
- 2014-04-15: Lenovo Z40 & Z50 Entertainment-Focused Laptops Announced
- 2014-04-15: Lenovo A540 AIO Desktop PC Announced
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-04-06: Lenovo's IBM Server Unit Bid Raises National Security Concerns
- 2013-09-05: Lenovo S5000 Tablet Unveiled
- 2013-09-05: Lenovo Vibe X Smartphone Announced (aka IdeaPhone S960)
- 2013-09-05: Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro
- 2013-09-05: Lenovo Flex 20 All-In-One PC
- 2013-09-02: Lenovo ThinkPad S440 & S540