Who would have thought that the idea of a social network would have taken off in such a big way? Well, a few people did, and Facebook has emerged as the 800 lbs gorilla in this particular market. It does seem that Facebook might have a challenger to its throne though, although this would be in the virtual world of Grand Theft Auto 5, or GTA 5 for short. Rockstar has decided to come up with a social network parody that they have called Lifeinvader, and it has been launched before GTA 5′s arrival later next week. Lifeinvader will most probably also feature a bunch of characters and brands from GTA 5 itself.
It is said that the Lifeinvader social network will load up a range of profiles when accessed, where among them include Sprunk, hairdresser Herr Kutz Barber, and Redwood Cigarettes, with the latter actually having a promotion that offers a 10% discount for your first visit to a hospital whenever you “stalk” them on Lifeinvader. I guess this is a continuation from where GTA 4 left off, as that game had a slew of parody websites. Lifeinvader even has its fair share of taglines, among them being “Portray the life you want online,” “Make friends with strangers,” and “Making the private public”.
- 2014-02-27 Mobster's Daughter Alleges GTA 5 Used Her Story And Likeness Without Her Permission
- 2014-02-04 Over 32 Million Copies Of Grand Theft Auto 5 Shipped
- 2014-01-27 Red Dead Redemption 2 Could Launch As Soon As 2014, According To Analyst
- 2014-01-22 GTA 5 For PC Listed On Amazon France And Germany's Websites
- 2014-01-22 US Cable Companies Sue The Rockstar Patent Consortium
- 2014-01-20 GTA 5 For PC Revealed In Alleged Bug Reports
- 2014-01-06 Rockstar Took A Leap Of Faith With GTA 5's Three Protagonists