Recently rumors were going around that ASUS is gearing up to launch a new smartphone and a tablet. The company itself has confirmed its plans about the MeMOFone HD5 and the PadFone Mini. The MeMOFone HD5 is going to be a smartphone with a 5 inch display and is going to launch early next year. ASUS CEO Jerry Shen has made these confirmations himself.
The ASUS PadFone devices are actually smartphone and tablet hybrids, the PadFone Mini is going to be just another variant in this lineup. This particular device is said to launch around the holiday season later this year, it is said to have a 4 inch smartphone and a 7 inch tablet. Shen didn’t reveal any specific details about both of these devices, such as their specifications or pricing information. Presumably, the MeMOFone HD5 will have a high-definition display, given the name of this smartphone. Only recently ASUS revealed the PadFone Infinity, yet another smartphone and tablet hybrid that has a 2.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor, 2GB RAM, 13 megapixel rear camera and a lot more. The tablet part of this device is actually a 10.1 inch 1,920×1,200 IPS display which can’t be used as a standalone product since the smartphone houses the necessary hardware.
- 2014-04-10: ASUS Transformer Book T100 Receives CPU Upgrade
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-03-27: AT&T Details ASUS PadFone X Specifications
- 2014-03-24: ASUS ZenFone 6, 5, And 4 To Be Released In April
- 2014-03-23: ASUS PadFone X Spotted At The FCC
- 2014-02-19: ASUS PadFone Infinity Lite Launched
- 2013-12-16: Asus PadFone X Running Android 4.4 Spotted In Benchmark
- 2013-12-10: ASUS PadFone Set To Arrive Stateside
- 2013-09-17: ASUS Reveals PadFone Infinity Featuring Quad-Core CPU, Full HD Display
- 2013-08-09: ASUS Creating New PadFones, FonePads and MemoFone HD 5