We’ve recently heard a number of rumors about Microsoft’s upcoming Surface tablets. The company was expected to make the announcement later this year but today it sent out press invites for an event scheduled on September 23rd in New York City, where it will formally announce the new Surface tablets. Purported specifications of Surface Pro 2 have already been rumored, today we’re treated to the specifications that the entry level Surface 2 tablet is expected to tout.
First up, and this was rumored a few months back as well, it is expected that Microsoft will drop the “RT” brand moniker for Surface 2, even though it is going to run Windows 8.1 RT. It was also previously rumored that next generation Microsoft tablet might have a NVIDIA processor. It is believed that the Surface 2 will have a NVIDIA Tegra 4 processor coupled with 4GB of RAM. A full HD 1080p display has also been rumored. An integrated two-position kickstand is apparently the only major design change, the tablet is expected to look similar to the existing Surface. Rumor has it that Microsoft will make the Surface 2 tablet available in white color as well. After the announcement takes place on September 23rd, Microsoft is expected to release the new tablets by mid-October.
Next Story: Samsung Sells 38 Million Galaxy Note Devices
- 2014-04-18: Advertisers Reportedly Spending More Money On Bing Now
- 2014-04-17: Is Steve Ballmer Using An iPhone Now? (Debunked & Updated)
- 2014-04-17: 5 Million Xbox One Consoles Shipped To Date
- 2014-04-17: Cortana Is Off-Limits To Users Aged Below 13 Years Old
- 2014-04-17: Xbox Music Update For Windows Phone 8.1 Coming Next Week
- 2014-01-20: Surface 2 Tablets Back In Stock On Microsoft Store Website
- 2013-11-12: Microsoft Surface 2 Receives Updates To Improve Battery Life And More
- 2013-10-22: Surface 2, Surface Pro 2 Now Available In U.S., 20 Additional Countries
- 2013-10-20: Surface 2 Went On Sale Early In The UK
- 2013-10-09: Microsoft Will Hold Midnight Launch Event For New Surface Tablets In 10 Stores