Yes, what looks like the upcoming Surface Pro 2 (or there has also been talk of the Surface 2, depending on which particular school of thought you belong to – whether Microsoft will roll out one or two tablets down the road) has been spotted in a patent filing, but here we are with whispers of Microsoft actually mulling over the possibility of rolling out the Microsoft Surface Mini tablet which, if realized, will be launched in the future as well.
So far, we only have heard rumors concerning a 7” or 8” Surface tablet that is in the pipeline, because that happens to be one of the first features that was made known in the Windows 8.1 update, touting that support for smaller sized tablets is on its way. It remains to be seen whether Microsoft would be the ones behind the manufacturing of the rumored Microsoft Surface Mini, but considering the fact that Microsoft swallowed up Nokia recently, for them to churn out hardware of their own does seem to be extremely plausible. Other than an alleged name of the Microsoft Surface Mini, we do not have any other additional information concerning the Surface Mini. It remains to be seen whether it will feature a similarly sized kickstand as with its siblings, or the exact size of the display, and neither do we have an idea on whether it will feature specially sized Touch or Type Covers as accessories.
Next Story: Fujifilm X-A1 Allegedly Leaked
- 2014-04-17: Xbox Music Update For Windows Phone 8.1 Coming Next Week
- 2014-04-16: Bing.com Gets Personalized Cards
- 2014-04-16: Users Report Cortana Having Problems Setting Alarms
- 2014-04-16: Microsoft Discounting Windows XP Support For Enterprise
- 2014-04-16: Microsoft's New All-In-One Media Keyboard Destined For Your Living Room
- 2014-04-06: Ears For Surface Will Help Boost The Tablet's Volume For $10
- 2014-04-01: Microsoft Could Announce Something Surface-Related At BUILD
- 2014-03-26: Surface Wireless Keyboard Adapter Discontinued By Microsoft
- 2014-03-11: Microsoft Surface 2 With LTE Priced At $679
- 2014-03-10: Surface 2 LTE Tablets Sent To Microsoft Stores (Rumor)?