The processor wars have long been over, where AMD vs Intel used to be a title fight, but they more or less have found their respective niches to settle down and co-exist harmoniously, with the latter being the dominant player for so many years already. Still, this does not mean that AMD is down and out. No sir, the latest Windows 8 tablet from MSI, known as the MSI W20, happens to be running on an AMD dual-core A4-1200 processor without the need for any fan to keep it cool
Sporting an 11.6” IPS touchscreen display at 1,366 x 768 pixel resolution, the MSI W20 will be accompanied by a 128GB solid state drive, 2GB RAM, and an AMD Radeon HD 8180 graphics chipset. Other hardware specifications include Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity, and a battery which MSI claims is able to run for up to 9 hours without missing a beat. Not only that, MSI also jumped aboard the fingerprint reader bandwagon, while introducing tablet motion sensors and an automatic light sensor to boot. No idea on pricing details, but it does not look as though it will be too expensive in the first place, especially when you consider the other offerings that will run on Intel’s Bay Trail processors.
- 2014-03-09: MSI GS60 Ghost Pro Gaming Laptop Unveiled At CeBIT
- 2013-12-05: MSI Announces Industry’s First 3K Gaming Notebook
- 2013-09-25: MSI GT70 20K And GT60 20J Mobile Workstations Announced
- 2013-09-20: MSI W20 Windows 8 Tablet Runs On AMD Processor
- 2013-08-05: MSI GS70 Is Thinnest And Lightest 17” Gaming Notebook
- 2013-06-13: MSI GE40 Delivers A Full Gaming Laptop In A 4.4lbs Body Starting At $1300