Before Apple’s September 10th event, it was being rumored that perhaps the company might also launch a new Apple TV alongside the new iPhones. At its event, Apple didn’t even mention the set-top box. It was rumored earlier today that a major software update for this device will be rolled out on September 18th, the same day on which iOS 7 is publicly released. Latest reports suggest that the company is currently developing a new Apple TV and it might release it next month, possibly alongside the new iPads.
It was said a few weeks ago that Apple will make a TV related announcement this year. Some expect that it might finally unveil its much rumored HDTV set, while others believe that the set-top box will be refreshed with new hardware. Nothing is known for sure right now, not even about the new Apple TV that is supposedly going to launch in October. Some analysts are of the view that a full fledged Apple HDTV set might not come until next year. The Apple TV received a minor refresh in 2012, not much was changed back then. Lets see if Apple really does plan on improving its TV offering, we’re bound to hear more about this product over the coming weeks, if the launch is indeed slated to take place next month.
- Apple A8 Processor Reportedly Enters Production
- Analyst Thinks iPhone 5c Is A Flop Because Of iPhone Cases
- 13-inch Non-Retina MacBook Pro Could Be Discontinued This Year [Rumor]
- Corning Executive Names Sapphire As Expensive, Heavy And Environmentally Unfriendly
- Nanyang Girls’ High School In Singapore Uses iPad As Learning Aid