Earlier today we caught a look at the upcoming Nokia Lumia 1520 which was pictured next to the Sony Xperia Z as a way to compare its size. Now thanks to a newly leaked screenshot obtained by the folks at WMPoweruser, it shows us the device’s Settings menu where it reveals some of the phone’s camera settings. The settings menu reveals that the device has the ability to capture photos in both 5MP and 16MP at the same time, with the former allowing for uploading onto social networks such as Facebook where one does not really need such a high-resolution photo, and where 5MP would be more than enough.
However at the same time we’re not sure if 16MP would be the max that users will be able to capture their photos in. At this point in time it has not been confirmed as to the camera of the Lumia 1520. There are rumors that it could sport a 20MP camera, but this menu certainly does not give it away. In any case Nokia is expected to announce the device in the near future in an event held in New York, and supposedly the Windows Phone 8 GDR3 update will be announced alongside it as well, so until then take it with a grain of salt, but check back with us at a later date for the details.
- 2014-04-14: Upcoming Nokia Device Codenames Leaked
- 2014-04-13: Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2014-04-11: Nokia To Provide Chennai Factory Workers With Redundancy Packages
- 2014-04-10: Only PureView And High-End Nokia Handsets To Get Dedicated Camera Button [Rumor]
- 2014-04-09: Facebook Messenger For Asha, Lumia, Nokia X Announced
- 2014-04-07: Delta Airlines To Bring 20,000 Lumia 1520 Handsets To Their Flight Attendants
- 2014-03-31: Nokia Lumia 1520 Beats Out The Competition In Blind Camera Comparison
- 2014-03-18: Nokia Lumia 1520 Set To Receive Software Update
- 2014-03-09: Delta Air Lines Upgrading Nokias To Lumia 1520
- 2014-03-05: Lumia 1520 Beats Out Galaxy S5 For Gaming, According To Benchmarks