Back in June, we published a story highlighting the amazing steps the A.C. Camargo Cancer Center in Sao Paulo are taking in order to help children cope with their chemotherapy treatments. Now we’re hearing a story of a children’s hospital in NYC who has made the process of getting a CAT scan way less scary by having the process take place in a pirate-themed room.
The New York-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children’s Hospital had to replace their CT scanner this year, which they used as the perfect reason to work with GE in order to not only supply them with a new one, but to design it so children would feel like they’re sailing the high seas in a pirate-themed room.
Considering this is a children’s hospital, the images offer a more fun pirate environment that’s free to any shenanigans pirates are typically known for. Instead, there’s a monkey pirate that could be Curious George’s long-lost relative, as well as a tiger pirate with an eyepatch. The pirate-themed CAT scan room will certainly help any child who needs to have such a scan enjoy their experience just a little more. We just wish there was something like this available for adults too as we could definitely enjoy sailing the high seas while getting scanned.
- 2013-12-23: Times Square New Year's Eve 2014 Ball Drop App Released
- 2013-10-24: Philips Introduces LED Lighting System To Help Comfort Intensive Care Patients
- 2013-09-20: Toro's Bedside Flushable Toilet Is Able To Travel Right To You
- 2013-09-06: New York City Children's Hospital Features Pirate-Themed CAT Scan Room
- 2013-08-16: Way2Ride Lets New York Cab Riders Pay Via Ultrasound
- 2013-07-16: New York City Parks To Get More Wi-Fi Hotspots
- 2013-04-22: New York City Celebrates Earth Day With All-Electric Taxi Pilot