We have been hearing a fair bit about the next-gen Nexus, which has been tipped to be known as the Nexus 5. In fact it was just the other day benchmarks of the device have been spotted which was followed by a press rendering of the handset. Now the question we’re sure many are wondering when will the device be announced? According to a previous rumor, the handset could be due for a 14th of October announcement (which if true would make it a day before Apple allegedly unveils their new iPads), and now a report from DigiTimes has “confirmed” the October timeframe as well.
DigiTimes’ report does not reveal anything new, but rather reaffirms the release date, as well as the fact that both Google and LG will be working on the Nexus 5 again, which we guess many of you guys probably are aware of already. The handset is expected to be loosely based on the Nexus 5 with the leaked benchmarks revealing a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 chipset and a 5” Full HD display, making this Nexus device a pretty powerful one. In any case we’ll keep our eyes peeled for an announcement of sorts from Google, so stay tuned and check back with us for more updates!
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Sense 6 Gets Ported Onto Nexus 5
- 2014-03-05: Google Working To Fix Nexus 5 Camera Bug
- 2014-02-26: Google Now Launcher Makes It To The Play Store
- 2014-02-06: Nexus 5 Launcher Could Soon Be Released