When Google unveiled the Android 4.4 KitKat statue, the highlight was not the giant chocolate statue, but rather the fact that a mysterious device was caught on video. The device featured the Nexus branding on the back and many speculated that this could be the upcoming Nexus 5 handset, and thanks to various leaks and FCC filings, the device is becoming all too real, and now according to reports, word on the street has it that the Nexus 5 could be announced on the 14th of October and would be running (obviously) on Android 4.4 KitKat.
Given that the Google Nexus 4 handset was launched last year in October, it wouldn’t be out of the question that the Nexus 5 could see an October launch date as well. The fact that the FCC filings seem to point at the fact that the handset is good to go, an October launch seems pretty likely. Unfortunately at this point in time there is no evidence to corroborate the 14th of October launch date besides a rumor, so take it with a grain of salt for now, but at the same time for Nexus fans, the 14th of October is probably a date you’ll want to mark on your calendars, but do check back with us at a later date for additional details.
Next Story: Samsung Rumored To Be Working On Galaxy Gear 2
- 2014-03-05: Google Working To Fix Nexus 5 Camera Bug
- 2014-02-26: Google Now Launcher Makes It To The Play Store
- 2014-02-06: Nexus 5 Launcher Could Soon Be Released
- 2014-02-04: Red Nexus 5 Released
- 2014-01-30: Red Nexus 5 Could Launch On February 4
- 2014-01-26: Red Nexus 5 Picture Leaks, Apparently Releasing Next Month
- 2014-01-23: New Nexus 5 Colors Might Be Offered Soon
- 2013-12-15: Nexus 5 Hardware Subtly Revised