When it comes to waterproof cameras, they tend to be rather bulky and while some are able to capture decent photos, we guess the main highlight would be the fact that it can withstand submersion under water, allowing photographers to snap underwater photos of themselves, fishes, corals, and etc. Well if you’re in the market for a waterproof camera that is also an interchangeable lens camera, Nikon might have the answer for you in the form of the AW1.
The AW1 is the first interchangeable lens camera that can be taken underwater without the need for a protective housing, or at least that what Nikon claims, which means that if you’re looking to take your underwater photography to the next level, the AW1 could be it. However it should be noted that just because it is an interchangeable lens camera doesn’t mean that all lenses are waterproof, and you will need to find a waterproof lens if you wish to use it to full effect. Nikon has released some sample photos of the camera on its website, so if you wish to learn more about the camera or see what sort of photos it can achieve, hit up Nikon’s website for the details.
- Sony A7 & A7r Light Leaked Reportedly Caused By Mount Ring, Can Be Fixed
- Canon PowerShot G1 X II Might See 9th May Release Instead
- Nikon Announces Series Of Instructional Videos For The Budding Photographer
- Sony A77II Rumored For May Announcement
- Leica T Type 701 Mirrorless Camera Could Be Announced on 24th April