Nintendo announced a price cut for its Wii U Deluxe just a few weeks ago, and it looks like the company isn’t done slashing pricing as they’re now dropping the price for a number of its more popular Wii games just in time for the holiday season.
Three Wii games in total will be receiving a price cut as Super Mario Galaxy 2, New Super Mario Bros Wii. and Wii Sports Resort will now retail for just $29.99 each. Nintendo said in a press release sent out today the price cuts are representative of one of many steps they’re taking in providing shoppers the best value and variety across all of its systems. In our opinion, all three games should already be a part of your Wii catalog of games, but this could be a great reason to finally add them if you haven’t done so already.
If you’re considering the Wii U and wonder if the consoles is backwards compatible with Wii games, you’ll be happy to know Nintendo’s newest console does play Wii games. That means you can get Super Mario Galaxy 2, New Super Mario Bros. Wii and Wii Sports Resort for an amazing price. Just remember you’ll still need to play these games using the Wii-mote as they’ll be unplayable using the Wii U’s GamePad.
- 2014-04-09: DIY Nintendo 64 Portable Console
- 2014-04-09: Super Smash Bros. Has A Bunch Of Rules That Could Get You Banned
- 2014-04-09: Nintendo Confirms New Mario Game In The Works
- 2014-04-08: Super Smash Bros. For 3DS Pegged For Summer, Wii U Version For Winter
- 2014-04-06: Super Press Start Shows Off All SNES Start Screens
- 2014-02-04: Wii U Will Not Be Able To Replicate Wii's Success, Admits Nintendo
- 2013-10-01: Wii U Updated To Allow Off-Screen Play For Wii Games
- 2013-09-19: 'Wii Sports Club' Brings Classic Wii Sports Games To The Wii U
- 2013-09-11: The Legend Of Zelda: Wind Waker HD Wasn't The Only Zelda Game Nintendo Considered For HD Remake
- 2013-08-28: The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD Releasing On October 4