Nokia’s Lumia 520 is an entry-level Windows Phone device with decent hardware specifications and an attractive price tag, which is why it is not surprising in an article by the Financial Post by analyst company, Canaccord Genuity, it was basically echoed as to how the Lumia 520 was one of the devices that helped improve Windows Phone 8 smartphone sales. However interestingly enough, the article has found that the Nokia Lumia 1020, Nokia’s most expensive smartphone to date, is doing pretty well as well.
They found that based on August retail checks that the Nokia Lumia 1020 was actually one of the top 3 selling smartphones on AT&T’s network. According to analyst T. Michael Walkley, “We believe Microsoft has recently worked more in concert with Nokia to drive sales, as evidenced by Microsoft’s advertising campaign highlighting the Lumia smartphones and features, and the Nokia 1020 is a top 3 selling smartphone at AT&T.” That is pretty surprising indeed! It is understandable that the Lumia 520 with its attractive price tag would be a hot seller, but what do you guys think? Are you surprised that the Lumia 1020, despite its price, is actually considered to be one of the top 3 selling smartphones on AT&T?
Next Story: iPhone 5C Hands-On Video Makes Its Way Online
- 2014-04-16: Early Nokia Prototype Tablet From 2001 Gets Pictured
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 1020 Used To Document Underwater Diving Mission
- 2014-04-14: Upcoming Nokia Device Codenames Leaked
- 2014-04-13: Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2014-04-11: Nokia To Provide Chennai Factory Workers With Redundancy Packages
- 2013-12-19: More On Black Update For AT&T Nokia Lumia 1020, Lumia 1520 Gets New Firmware Too
- 2013-07-25: AT&T Begins To Sell Nokia Lumia 1020
- 2013-07-17: Nokia Lumia 1020 Pre-Order On AT&T Sold Out
- 2013-07-16: Pre-order AT&T Nokia Lumia 1020 From Today, Shipping Starts July 23rd
- 2013-07-11: AT&T Nokia Lumia 1020 Video Ads Leak