For some reason or the other, Nokia appears to be doing pretty well in India. We had heard reports of the Lumia 520 selling out in the region, and presumably so due to its affordable price tag which makes it an ideal purchase in emerging markets such as India, but interestingly enough it looks like the Lumia 1020 has managed to sell out as well. The handset has yet to officially debut in India (arriving soon) but according to reports, one particular retailer has managed to sell out of its inventory of the Lumia 1020 device in yellow, black, and white offerings.
Like we said this is an interesting case because it was thought that the main reason the Lumia 520 did so well was due to its low price point. However this is only one retailer in India and might not necessarily apply to all other retailers so we might be getting ahead of ourselves here, but if this is the start of something, it looks like Nokia might find themselves with another hit in India again.
It is not completely unheard of to find certain regions in the world preferring a particular operating system. After all it was a couple of years ago where a survey was conducted where it was found that Europeans liked the Bada operating system despite it not being popular in other parts of the world.
- 2014-04-22 HTC Might Be Interested In Nokia's Chennai Factory
- 2014-04-21 Microsoft Nokia Deal Closes April 25th
- 2014-04-20 Nokia's Phone Division Will Be Named Microsoft Mobile
- 2014-04-17 #Chokia Is Just Desserts For Nokia’s 3D Printing Research
- 2014-04-17 Nokia Lumia 2520 Sales Suspended Due To Electric Shock Concerns
- 2014-04-16 Nokia Lumia 1020 Used To Document Underwater Diving Mission
- 2014-03-23 Nokia Lumia 1020 Used To Shoot Fashion Magazine's Entire Issue
- 2014-03-18 Nokia Lumia 1020 Used By Scientists To See Behind Objects
- 2013-12-19 More On Black Update For AT&T Nokia Lumia 1020, Lumia 1520 Gets New Firmware Too
- 2013-12-19 Nokia Lumia 1020 Getting Nokia Black Update Earlier Than Expected