Yet another tidbit has leaked from Microsoft’s recent internal meeting. Apparently the low end Nokia Lumia 520 is the best selling single Windows device in the world, that’s better than any single model of any Windows Phone smartphone, Windows powered tablet or even a Windows PC. The major reason behind its popularity is without a doubt its price. Recently, the Lumia 520 was available for as low as $80 off contract, courtesy of a coupon code.
Nokia has generally fared well in the low end market with its feature phones, the Lumia 520 is capable of doing much more than a feature phone without costing an exorbitant amount of money. It offers decent specifications and features. After the Windows Phone 8 GDR2 update, the device even offered FM radio reception. Nokia Lumia 520 has a 4 inch display, a dualcore 1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Plus processor with 512MB of RAM, a 5 megapixel rear camera, 8GB of onboard storage with ability to externally expand memory up to 64GB via microSD card. There’s no front facing camera on the device. Its certainly no powerhouse, but the Lumia 520 particularly stands out in the low end market. The entire Lumia brand itself will soon be under Microsoft’s control, given how it has agreed in principle to buy Nokia’s core phone business for over $7 billion.
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 1020 Used To Document Underwater Diving Mission
- 2014-04-14: Upcoming Nokia Device Codenames Leaked
- 2014-04-13: Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2014-04-11: Nokia To Provide Chennai Factory Workers With Redundancy Packages
- 2014-04-10: Only PureView And High-End Nokia Handsets To Get Dedicated Camera Button [Rumor]
- 2014-04-07: Microsoft Reveals Why Their Low-End Devices Do So Well
- 2014-02-25: Lumia 520 Crowned "Best Low Cost Smartphone" At 2014 GMA Awards
- 2014-02-23: Windows Phone 8.1 Running On The Lumia 520 [Video]
- 2014-02-20: Lumia 520 Still Dominating Windows Phone In 2014
- 2013-11-26: Nokia Lumia 520 Continues To Dominate The Windows Phone Market