Yesterday we reported that two separate incidents had occurred at an airport in Alaska when out-of-town drivers, following instructions given by Apple Maps, took the taxiway to reach the passenger terminal. They even ignored signs along the way and didn’t realize they were on the airport’s Taxiway Bravo until they were stopped by the authorities. This Apple Maps glitch is likely to be fixed soon, but Nokia hasn’t lost any time in mocking the mishap. The Finnish manufacturer’s official UK account has tweeted a picture of a Lumia smartphone with the Nokia Here maps app displaying the correct directions for the passenger terminal.
There isn’t the first time that Nokia has decided to have some fun at Apple’s expense. On September 10th, shortly after Apple had announced the colorful new iPhone 5c models, Nokia’s Twitter account sent out a tweet showing off Nokia smartphones in similar colors and plastic body, with the words “Imitation is the best form of flattery” emblazoned on top. While that tweet garnered more than 40,000 retweets and favorites, the one mocking Apple Maps hasn’t done so well as yet. In fact, it has received some negative comments, with users on Twitter even advising Nokia to focus more on its own products “rather than making fun.”
- 2014-04-16: Early Nokia Prototype Tablet From 2001 Gets Pictured
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 1020 Used To Document Underwater Diving Mission
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 630 Dual SIM Increases Your Versatility
- 2014-04-14: Upcoming Nokia Device Codenames Leaked
- 2014-04-13: Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2013-09-10: Nokia's Ad Takes A Humorous Jab At The iPhone 5C