There has just been endless speculation about Nokia’s upcoming tablet. It is widely known as “Sirius,” which is believed to be its internal codename. The tablet reportedly runs on Windows RT and as per a recent rumor, it might be unveiled alongside the Lumia 1520. Nokia has scheduled an event on October 22nd, where it is said to unveil its new Windows Phone 8 phablet, the much rumored Nokia Lumia 1520. @evleaks, famous for inside knowledge that is almost always spot on, has us believe today that this tablet might be called the Nokia Lumia 2520.
There’s obviously no confirmation from Nokia just yet, the company hasn’t even let it slip if its working on a new tablet. Recently there have been rumors that perhaps Nokia is being pushed by Microsoft to cancel its Windows RT tablet, but any concrete evidence of such a demand hasn’t surfaced. Microsoft has decided to acquire Nokia’s core phone business, the Finnish manufacturers’ shareholders will meet in November to vote on the sale. Even if the tablet is going to be unveiled next month, there’s no guarantee that Lumia 2520 is going to be the final branding. The Lumia 1020 was initially believed to be called the Lumia 909, and it is said that Nokia decided to change it prior to the announcement.
- 2014-04-24 Microsoft-Nokia Deal Sees Some Last Minute Changes
- 2014-04-22 HTC Might Be Interested In Nokia's Chennai Factory
- 2014-04-21 Microsoft Nokia Deal Closes April 25th
- 2014-04-20 Nokia's Phone Division Will Be Named Microsoft Mobile
- 2014-04-17 #Chokia Is Just Desserts For Nokia’s 3D Printing Research
- 2013-09-20 Nokia 'Sirius' Tablet Launch Rumored Alongside Lumia 1520
- 2013-09-12 Nokia 'Sirius' Windows RT Tablet Purported Render And Specs Leaked
- 2013-08-26 Additional Nokia Sirius Windows RT Tablet Details Leaked
- 2013-08-16 Alleged Nokia Tablet Photos Leaked
- 2013-08-15 Compal Could Manufacture Nokia’s Alleged Windows RT Tablet