Time and again Nokia has been rumored to be working on a tablet. The company hasn’t detailed its tablet plans as yet, but it is believed that it might release a tablet later this year, which will possibly run Windows RT. Apparently the tablet is known by the “Sirius” codename inside the company. Nothing is official as yet, but a render and alleged specifications of Nokia’s tablet have leaked online.
The “Sirius” tablet apparently has a 10.1 inch IPS full 1080p HD display, a quadcore Qualcomm 8974 processor, 6.7 megapixel camera with Carl Zeiss optics and unique Nokia apps. Its said to weight 1.3 pounds and measure .35 inches thick. A multifunction cover with keyboard and additional battery life has also been rumored to launch alongside the tablet. According to the rumor this tablet will be priced at $499, that’s right into the iPad category. In the highly competitive market, many manufacturers have kept prices low so as to bring in more customers. Microsoft recently slashed the prices of its own Windows 8 tablets in what some believed to be a bid to increase sales. Since no official details about this product are available as yet, its too soon to speculate just how Nokia wants to distance itself from the competition.
- 2014-04-14: Upcoming Nokia Device Codenames Leaked
- 2014-04-13: Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2014-04-11: Nokia To Provide Chennai Factory Workers With Redundancy Packages
- 2014-04-10: Only PureView And High-End Nokia Handsets To Get Dedicated Camera Button [Rumor]
- 2014-04-09: Facebook Messenger For Asha, Lumia, Nokia X Announced
- 2013-09-21: Nokia 'Sirius' Tablet Might Be Called Lumia 2520
- 2013-09-20: Nokia 'Sirius' Tablet Launch Rumored Alongside Lumia 1520
- 2013-08-26: Additional Nokia Sirius Windows RT Tablet Details Leaked
- 2013-08-16: Alleged Nokia Tablet Photos Leaked
- 2013-08-15: Compal Could Manufacture Nokia’s Alleged Windows RT Tablet