Nokia’s first ever Windows Phone 8 powered phablet is expected to be released this year. There has been a lot of speculation regarding the date of the official announcement. At first it was believed that Nokia will unveil Lumia 1520 in September, but recent rumors suggest that the event might have been pushed to a later date. Only yesterday we picked up on a rumor which claimed that the launch might take place on October 22nd. Nokia has now posted a teaser for its upcoming event through its official Twitter account, it advises everyone to save the date, which is indeed October 22nd.
The company hasn’t shared anything else about this event as yet, no hints have been dropped as to what might be announced. It is just pure speculation right now that the Nokia Lumia 1520 will be announced at this event. Yesterday’s rumor also suggested that while the device itself might be announced next month, it won’t be released in the market until November because Windows Phone 8 GDR3 update, which apparently comes pre-installed on Lumia 1520, isn’t ready yet. AT&T is already rumored to release the device on November 8th, the carrier was first believed to have exclusivity over Nokia’s phablet, but a recent picture leak hints that Verizon might carry it as well.
Next Story: Roku 2700X Goes Through The FCC
- 2014-03-25: Windows Phone 8.1 Could Let Developers Reply To App Reviews
- 2014-01-27: Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas For Windows Phone 8 Launched At Last
- 2014-01-10: Microsoft Will Update All Windows Phone 8 Devices To The Latest Version
- 2013-12-10: Microsoft Updates Skype For Windows Phone 8
- 2013-12-10: Microsoft Launches Socl App For Windows Phone 8 Devices
- 2013-09-16: AT&T Nokia Lumia 1520 Allegedly Goes On Sale November 8th