The Oppo N1 has been teased for some time now by the Chinese smartphone manufacturer, where we are looking forward in anticipation for the unveiling of this device to happen this coming September 23rd. So far, there has not been anything out of the ordinary concerning the software that this model will use, although a new teaser video might change things. After all, this particular teaser video starred Steve Kondik a.k.a CyanogenMod himself, where he did mention that he is excited to be able to attend the Oppo event that is held in Beijing, where both Cyanogen and Oppo have “exciting news ahead”.
Rather cryptic language, don’t you think so? Perhaps the Oppo N1 could be the first CyanogenMod smartphone after all, considering how CyanogenMod has now evolved and grown to be a company that are on the lookout to ship a different flavor of Android on a smartphone which is manufactured by a hardware partner. Having said that, this team up between Oppo and CyanogenMod does not sound too far fetched now, right? I guess we will just have to sit tight and see what else will come out from the September 23rd announcement. Would you pick up a CyanogenMod smartphone right from the get go, or wait for the early reviews to flow in first?
Next Story: LEGO Makes Cheap Nanoscope Possible
- 2014-04-07: Oppo Find 7a Pre-Order Going For $499 Apiece
- 2014-04-01: Oppo Find 7a Pre-Order Comes With Goodies
- 2014-03-31: CyanogenMod 11S For OnePlus One Spotted
- 2014-03-24: CyanogenMod Nightlies Adds Business/People Search In Dialer App
- 2014-02-27: OnePlus One Price Under $400
- 2014-02-11: CyanogenMod 11 For Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 ROM Released
- 2014-01-15: CyanogenMod Installer Beta Makes Its Way Onto Mac Computers
- 2013-12-20: Oppo N1 Is First Google CTS-Certified CyanogenMod Phone
- 2013-09-20: Oppo N1 Might Be The First CyanogenMod Powered Smartphone