CyanogenMod custom ROMs for the Android OS are without a doubt one of the widely used ROMs. Cyanogen is actually now a company, it announced yesterday that it has raised $7 million in funding, which it is going to put towards making CyanogenMod the third most popular mobile operating system out there. This goal entails that Cyanogen overtake Windows Phone and BlackBerry, it won’t be able to do that if it doesn’t have any hardware partners. Earlier today it was rumored that perhaps HTC might be the a hardware partner for Cyanogen. It appears though that the first partner might be China’s Oppo.
Oppo has been teasing its N1 smartphone for quite a while, it is due to announce the smartphone at an event in Beijing on September 23rd. The company has now posted a new video which features Steve Kondik, the founder of Cynaogen, himself. He says in the video that he’s “looking forward” to attend Oppo’s event later this week, he also says that “we have exciting news ahead,” wonder if this news is the possibility that Oppo N1 might be the first smartphone to ship with CyanogenMod pre-installed? The Oppo N1 is scheduled to be unveiled on September 23rd, we’ll know for sure then.
- 2014-04-15: OnePlus One Sample Photos Make Their Way Online
- 2014-03-31: CyanogenMod 11S For OnePlus One Spotted
- 2014-03-24: CyanogenMod Nightlies Adds Business/People Search In Dialer App
- 2014-02-27: OnePlus One Price Under $400
- 2014-02-11: CyanogenMod 11 For Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 ROM Released
- 2013-12-24: First CyanogenMod Phone Available Now
- 2013-12-20: Oppo N1 Is First Google CTS-Certified CyanogenMod Phone
- 2013-11-18: Oppo's VP Resigns, Plans To Create The "Perfect" Android Smartphone With CyanogenMod
- 2013-09-23: Oppo N1 Officially Revealed
- 2013-09-22: Oppo N1 Might Be First CyanogenMod Smartphone