The Pantech Vega Iron was first unveiled earlier in April, but it seemed to remain within the realm of South Korea, its home market. Still, things do seem to shape up that the Pantech Vega Iron might end up as one of the first smartphones which will be on the receiving end of the new Android 4.4 KitKat operating system update. Pantech also confirmed this information over Twitter in native Korean of course, that the Vega Iron would be able to receive this update in due time. Unfortunately, we do not have an exact date as to when one is able to expect it.
Needless to say, Pantech would not be the only manufacturer to ensure that their handset gets to enjoy this particular update, as there are other manufacturers around such as Samsung, Sony, LG and HTC who will eventually update some of their devices to Android 4.4 KitKat in due time, too. When the Pantech Vega Iron was revealed to the world earlier this year, it came with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean right out of the box, where it was accompanied by a 5” (1280 x 720 pixels) display with a 2.4mm-thin bezel on the left and right hand sides. Other hardware specifications include LTE connectivity, a 13MP shooter at the back, a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 processor, and a 2,150 mAh battery.
- 2014-04-15: Line Messaging App Announces New Sticons Feature
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2014-04-10: Google Expands Security Services For Android
- 2014-04-01: Sony Xperia SP WIll Not Get Official Android 4.4 KitKat Update
- 2014-03-25: AT&T HTC One Mini To Receive Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Soon
- 2014-03-24: Android 4.4.3 KitKat Undergoes Testing
- 2014-03-19: Sony Xperia Ultra, Z1 And Z1 Compact To Receive Android 4.4 KitKat Updates
- 2014-02-27: Android 4.4 KitKat Arriving On Xperia Z1, Xperia Z Ultra And Z1 Compact