It seems that not only does Sony have a trio of new headphones that they unveiled at IFA 2013, but it looks like Philips too has a new trio of headphones that might interest those shopping around for a new set of cans. These include the Fidelio M1BT, the Fidelio L2, and the Frames which according to Philips, is aimed at those who are more conscious about how their headphones look, rather than its sound, and should make a “clear fashion statement”.
The M1BT will be a wireless pair of headphones that pairs with devices via Bluetooth 4.0, and will support APT-X, AAC, and SBC. It will come with a cable for those who might have forgotten to charge the headphones, and will sport 40mm neodymium drivers, and at the same time thanks to its aluminum and leather construction, should help with noise isolation (not noise cancellation, for those wondering what’s the difference). The L2 is expected to share similar features to the M1BT except that it will be wired, and are hand-paired by Philips’ engineers.
Last but not least are the Frames headphones which will also sport 40mm drivers and a closed acoustic design. The Frames have been designed to mimic sunglasses and sports a tortoise shell-like design (along with black or white options). It is also foldable and can be folded to fit into a carrying pouch. At the moment the M1BT is being sold for $330, while the L2 and the Frames are expected to be made available later this month for $370 and $120 respectively.
Next Story: Sony Announces New MDR-10 Headphone Lineup
- 2014-04-04: Sony MDR-HW700DS Is World’s First 9.1ch Digital Surround Wireless Headphones System
- 2014-04-04: Phiaton's Bridge MS 500 Headphones Look Pretty Sleek
- 2014-03-20: Samsung Premium Headphones Lineup Reportedly Coming Soon
- 2014-03-05: Pioneer DJE-2000 And DJE-1500 Headphones Announced
- 2014-02-14: Headphones Get Smarter With The Dash Headphones
- 2012-01-09: Philips Metro SHL5200 Headphones
- 2012-01-09: Philips Downtown SHL5605 Headset
- 2012-01-09: Philips Uptown SHL5905 Headset
- 2012-01-09: Philips Fidelio L1 Headphones
- 2010-09-02: Philips partners with O'Neill to release headphones