Super Smash Bros. for the Nintendo Wii U and 3DS had quite the summer as Nintendo finally unveiled the game’s first gameplay trailer during E3 2013. Since then, we’ve heard a few updates surrounding the game, specifically concerning who will be added to the title’s roster of fighters. In July, Nintendo revealed Captain Olimar and his gang of Pikmin will be making their return, and today, we’re hearing the pride of the Mushroom Kingdom herself, Princess Peach, has been added to the roster.
Princess Peach being added to the new Super Smash Bros. was confirmed in an update on Nintendo’s official Smash Bros. site. The update brought with it several screenshots of Princess Peach duking it out in both the Nintendo Wii U and Nintendo 3DS versions of the game. Princess Peach is of course a returning fighter of the series ever since she was included in Super Smash Bros. Melee back when it was released on the GameCube.
With today’s announcement, the roster for Super Smash Bros. now has 15 confirmed fighters expected to join in on the mayhem. We’re sure Nintendo has more characters planned to be unveiled in the coming months, so stay tuned if you want to hear who exactly they plan on adding to their extremely popular fighting game.RELATED
- Assassin's Creed 4 Receives First DLC Today
- Rayman Legends Headed To Mac On Dec. 12 For $20
- Next Need For Speed Is Already Being Worked On
- Xbox One Mod Makes It Possible To Play With PS4, 360, PS3 Controllers
- PS4 Achieves Nearly 800k Gameplay Broadcasts, Over 7.1m Spectate Sessions
- Follow: nintendo, nintendo 3ds, super smash bros, wii u,
- Seen at: smashbros