Rumor has it that Sony might unveil a PS4 virtual reality headset at the Tokyo Games Show which takes place later this month. Apparently the company was going to make the announcement at Gamescom but they decided against it at the last minute, reason behind the decision is not known. According to one developer who has reportedly seen the headset, it looks much like Sony’s 3D HMZ headset which was unveiled back in January 2011, it was showcased at TGS last year.
The headset will reportedly work similarly to Oculus Rift VR. Sony is said to have demonstrated it internally with DriveClub, Evolution Studios’ new title for the PS4. Apparently the headset allows players to look around in the cockpit of a car. Another report suggests that Sony executives are pondering over the marketing aspects, they’re trying to decide whether to term the VR headset as an optional “add on” or an essential component of the PS4 that sets it apart from its main rival, the Xbox One. There are conflicting reports about the announcement, there’s one side that claims it will be unveiled at TGS, whereas the other says the headset won’t be unveiled until next year. Sony hasn’t commented on the rumor as yet.
- 2014-04-22 Walking Dead: Game Of The Year Edition Listed On GameStop
- 2014-04-17 Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented
- 2014-04-17 PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2014-04-16 Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16 Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2014-04-07 Xbox One Original Shows To Feature Interactive Elements
- 2014-03-21 Microsoft Not Fazed By PlayStation 4's Lead Over The Xbox One
- 2014-03-18 Sony's Project Morpheus Virtual Reality Headset Unveiled
- 2014-03-13 Survey Predicts 'Swing Gamers' Opting For PS4 Instead Of Xbox One
- 2014-02-24 Xbox One Price Cut Across The Pond