Nokia is expected to unveil its first Windows Phone 8 powered phablet in the coming weeks. There have been a lot of rumors about this device, we’ve seen a lot of leaked pictures as well. The company itself hasn’t said anything about the device just yet, though it has scheduled an event on October 22nd and right now it is believed that Lumia 1520′s announcement might be made at that event. Nothing is known for sure about the specifications, but it appears that Qualcomm may have accidently confirmed the presence of its quadcore Snapdragon 800 processor in the Lumia 1520.
A tweet from the company’s official Snapdragon Twitter account reads that it is “proud to be a part of that awesome device.” This tweet has since been deleted, the account has followed up with a clarification, claiming that the original tweet was misread and that there’s no information about future devices. As per recent rumors, Nokia Lumia 1520 is expected to tout the Snapdragon 800, so this doesn’t really come as a surprise. It is not known as yet when the Lumia 1520 will be released in the market, AT&T was believed to have exclusivity in the U.S. but it seems that perhaps Verizon may carry the Nokia phablet as well. [Image via Mynokiablog]
- 2014-04-07: Delta Airlines To Bring 20,000 Lumia 1520 Handsets To Their Flight Attendants
- 2014-03-31: Nokia Lumia 1520 Beats Out The Competition In Blind Camera Comparison
- 2014-03-18: Nokia Lumia 1520 Set To Receive Software Update
- 2014-03-09: Delta Air Lines Upgrading Nokias To Lumia 1520
- 2014-03-05: Lumia 1520 Beats Out Galaxy S5 For Gaming, According To Benchmarks