Once Apple is done with its iPhone announcements on September 10th, the rumor mill’s focus will then turn towards the launch of new iPads. A few weeks ago it was rumored that perhaps the new iPads might be unveiled at the iPhone event as well, though that rumor is now believed to be far from reality. Previous rumors suggest that the new tablets might be launched around the holiday season. According to the latest predictions from a well known analyst, KGI Securities’ Ming-Chi Kuo, the company might release Retina iPad mini later this year.
There has been a lot of speculation about the next generation iPad mini. Partners that Apple has tapped for production are reportedly facing issues in producing Retina iPad mini in huge numbers, therefore we’ve heard countless reports of iPad mini 2 with Retina display being released in 2014. Kuo believes that Apple will launch this tablet in 2013 so as to counter the influx of 7-8 inch tablets from other manufacturers that are expected to come with high resolution displays in the next 3-6 months. Kuo also predicts that Apple will launch a low cost iPhone mini next year which will have the same display as the current iPad mini, it may also have a processor based on Apple’s existing A6 architecture.
Next Story: PayPal Launches New iPhone And Android Apps
- 2013-10-22 Apple To Live Stream Today's Event
- 2013-10-21 WSJ Corroborates iPad Mini 2 With Retina Display Rumors
- 2013-10-03 Display Changes For Future Apple Devices Rumored
- 2013-09-18 iPad Mini 2 Purported Shell In 'Space Gray' Color Leaked
- 2013-08-01 New iPad Mini To Use Samsung Retina Displays, Says WSJ
- 2013-06-11 OS X Mavericks Wallpaper Hints At Retina Thunderbolt Display And iMac
- 2013-05-19 iPad Mini 2 Display May Be Manufactured By Three Suppliers
- 2013-05-15 iPad Mini 2 Render Hints At Design And Alleged Specifications