Will there be any more set top boxes that are going to be arriving in the market later this year? The correct answer would be a resounding yes, and that would also mean that the Roku 3 is not going to be one lonely camper after all. There is an unannounced Roku 2700X that has just dropped into the hands of the FCC for approval, and the filing alone does point to a streaming hub which has its fair share of curves, similar in nature to the Roku 3. The thing is, this particular FCC puppy remains limited to single-band, that is 2.4GHz 802.11n Wi-Fi.
When you merge that particular specification with the rather low model number (the Roku 3 happens to be the 4200X), it can easily be guessed that the upcoming Roku 2700X is rather low down in the pecking order, so this would be the entry level device that will be based on Roku’s more recent design language. The company’s confidentiality request to the FCC is said to expire sometime within the coming 3 months, and that would mean that the Roku 2700X should be set to roll out in the market pretty soon. Just how much do you think it will cost when it finally hits the market?
- Fitbit Working With Government Agency To Resolve Fitbit Force Skin Irritations
- First Sign Hair Clip Could Help Deter Violent Crime Against Women
- Samsung Galaxy Gear 2, Gear 2 Neo, Gear Fit Pricing Revealed [Rumor]
- Are Hoverboards Real? This Video Wants Us To Think So!
- Care Predict Activity Tracker System Targets Seniors