It hasn’t been long since Samsung unveiled Galaxy Gear, its new smartwatch. Rumors have started circulating that Samsung is already working on the Galaxy Gear 2. Lee Young-hee, executive vice president for marketing at Samsung’s mobile division says that Galaxy Gear is receiving a “warm response.” The company can’t certainly stop here, it needs to innovate more so that future generations of its smartwatch not only continue to retain but also bring in new customers. An unnamed Samsung executive has reportedly acknowledged that the Galaxy Gear ”lacks something special,” adding that the company will work to do better in the future.
Speaking with Korea Times, the executive reportedly said that Samsung will invest more in enhancing user experience and user experience of the Galaxy Gear smartwatch. The report doesn’t contain any specifics about what Samsung intends to change in the future versions of the Gear. Samsung hasn’t revealed the sales targets for this smartwatch, so its known right now exactly what the company is aiming for here in terms of sales. There’s no word as yet on when Samsung will announce and release the next generation Galaxy Gear. At this point in time it is also not known, and nor has it been rumored, what changes and improvements the next Galaxy Gear will tout.
Next Story: Gun Box Helps Stow Away Your Firearms Safely
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2014-04-11: T-Mobile Offering BlackBerry Users $200 To "Upgrade" To Samsung
- 2014-04-11: Samsung Galaxy S5 Will Be Region-Locked As Well
- 2014-04-11: Leaked HTC One M8 Training Doc Compares It To The Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-10: Samsung Galaxy S5 Stability Update Arrives Prior To Global Launch
- 2014-04-07: Gear Solo Is Samsung's 3G Capable Smartwatch [Rumor]
- 2014-02-22: Samsung Galaxy Gear 2 and Galaxy Gear Neo Smart Watches Launched at MWC
- 2014-02-16: AT&T Galaxy Gear Price Gets A $100 Cut
- 2014-02-10: Galaxy Gear 2 Rumored To Be Priced Lower Than iWatch
- 2014-02-04: Galaxy Gear Price Cut Possible