Over the past couple of weeks and months, we have heard a variety of rumors regarding the upcoming Samsung Galaxy Note 3. For starters it is expected to feature a 5.7” Full HD 1080p display, a 13MP rear-facing camera capable of 4K video capture, a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 chipset (possibly an Exynos 5420 variant as well), and 2.5GB of RAM. However previously we had also heard rumors that the handset could come with fingerprint sensor technology in it, although apparently Samsung shelved those plans, or did they?
Thanks to the ever-reliable @evleaks, the entire list of the Galaxy Note 3’s APKs has been posted onto his Twitter account, revealing some of the features that we might be able to expect. Interestingly enough one APK file has revealed that perhaps Samsung could be introducing fingerprint scanning technology with the Galaxy Note 3, but it’s either that or Samsung could just be prepping themselves for fingerprint scanning technology that could make its way into future Samsung devices, presumably the Galaxy S5.
This is not the first time that smartphone manufacturers have introduced fingerprint scanning technology. There are rumors that the upcoming iPhone 5S could see fingerprint scanning technology as well. In any case Samsung will debut the Galaxy Note 3 at their 4th of September IFA 2013 event in Berlin, so check back with us then for all the official details!
Next Story: Apple Patent Describes New iOS Unlocking Methods
- 2014-04-09: iFixit: Samsung Gear 2 Battery Easily Replaced
- 2014-04-09: Samsung's New Tablet Commercials Targets The iPad
- 2014-04-08: Apple Seeks $2.2 Billion In Damages From Samsung
- 2014-04-08: Samsung Sues South Korean Publication Over Negative Galaxy S5 Press
- 2014-04-08: Man Puts A Hammer To The Galaxy S5, Gets A Nasty Surprise
- 2013-09-04: Galaxy Note 3: Hands-On Review
- 2013-09-02: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Could Feature 2.5GB Of RAM, Not 3GB
- 2013-09-02: Samsung Galaxy Note 3's Snapdragon 800 Chipset "Confirmed" By South Korean Carrier
- 2013-09-01: Galaxy Note 3 Pictured Once Again
- 2013-08-28: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Rumored For 27th September Release