We have been hearing rumors the past few days that Samsung could be looking to introduce a new smartphone in the near future, one with a flexible display, or one with a curved display, although the former is a rumor while the latter was alleged confirmed by Samsung executives. In any case now a new rumor has surfaced and they are claiming that the phone Samsung could be launching could be that of the Galaxy Note 3 Active. For those unfamiliar, Samsung released the Galaxy S4 Active not too long which was essentially the Galaxy S4 but with water and dustproof features, so presumably this is what will happen with the Galaxy Note 3 Active.
The specifications of the alleged Galaxy Note 3 Active remain unknown, but presumably it will not be too different from the Galaxy Note 3 and could sport a 5.7” Full HD display, a quad-core chipset (either Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 800 or Samsung’s own Exynos 5420), a 13MP rear-facing camera, and will run on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. Take it with a grain of salt for now, but if you were thinking of getting the Galaxy Note 3 but would have preferred if it were water and dustproof, you might want to hold off a bit just to see if the rumors pan out.
- 2014-04-14: Samsung Galaxy K Could Be Announced On 29th April
- 2014-04-14: T-Mobile CEO Reveals Gold Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-13: Samsung Galaxy S5 Zoom (K Zoom) Hits The FCC
- 2014-04-13: Samsung Galaxy S5 Active Has 277 Apps Already (Rumor)
- 2014-04-13: Galaxy S5 Launch Day Sales Beat Galaxy S4 [Report]
- 2014-02-27: AT&T Galaxy Note 3 Android 4.4 KitKat Update Not Quite There Yet
- 2014-02-20: Sprint's Galaxy Note 3 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update
- 2014-02-18: Galaxy Note 3 Receives Update That Fixes Third Party Accessories
- 2014-02-05: Samsung Wants Apple's Logo Hidden During The Olympics
- 2014-02-05: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Gets A Swarovski Makeover