It was only a couple of weeks ago that Samsung took the wraps off the Galaxy Gear smartwatch, and we know that Samsung has plans for future Galaxy Gear variants, but is it too soon to start working on a new one? After all the device has yet to go up for sale, but word on the street has it that Samsung is already working on a successor to the Galaxy Gear that will essentially be a revamped version of the Galaxy Gear. In fact it seems that the reports believe that the revamped Galaxy Gear could even be launched in the first quarter of 2014! If that is true CES 2014 and MWC 2014 could be good places to launch it.
One of the main issues people had with the Galaxy Gear, at least upon first impressions and tech specs, would be its battery life which was estimated for a day’s worth. No one likes having to charge their watch before they go to bed so this is definitely a huge disadvantage, but apparently the upcoming Galaxy Gear successor has been rumored to feature a larger battery and will come with GPS chip embedded as well.
The report goes on to state that the initial launch of the Galaxy Gear was meant to be a trial run to gauge the reaction of customers from which Samsung could take feedback and use it to better future devices. Either way take it with a grain of salt for now, but what do you guys think? Too soon for a Galaxy Gear successor?
- 2014-04-23 Sprint Galaxy S5 Software Update Released
- 2014-04-23 News Republic And Appy Geek Launched For Samsung Gear 2 And Gear Fit
- 2014-04-23 T-Mobile To Offer Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 In The Summer
- 2014-04-23 Localytics: Samsung Galaxy S5 Is 0.7% Of All Android-Powered Smartphones
- 2014-04-23 Samsung Galaxy K Gets Pictured In Leaked Photo
- 2014-04-07 Gear Solo Is Samsung's 3G Capable Smartwatch [Rumor]
- 2014-03-18 Galaxy Gear Price Drops Significantly In Canada
- 2014-02-22 Samsung Galaxy Gear 2 and Galaxy Gear Neo Smart Watches Launched at MWC
- 2014-02-19 Multiple Galaxy Gear Models Expected At MWC 2014
- 2014-02-16 AT&T Galaxy Gear Price Gets A $100 Cut