The other day we reported that Samsung could be looking to introduce a limited run Galaxy Note 3 with flexible display, and now hot on the heels of that rumor and during Samsung’s showing off of the Galaxy Gear and Galaxy Note 3 in South Korea today, Samsung executives revealed that the company has plans to introduce a smartphone in October with a curved display, although they did not mention anything about price, availability, specifications, or what sort of operating system it would run on (Android or Tizen).
It is unclear if this curved display has anything to do with the rumors about the Galaxy Note 3 and a flexible display, since curved and flexible are essentially two different things, so we’re not sure what kind of innovative device the South Korean tech giant could unveil. Earlier this year Samsung showed off a concept device where the display of the phone wrapped around the sides of the device, creating a unique look and an interesting way to display information, so there is also the possibility of that being the device Samsung has in mind. Either way we’ll keep our eyes peeled and with October only being a week away, we guess we won’t have to wait too long to find out. In the meantime what do you guys think?
Next Story: Archos GamePad 2 Set To Debut Soon
- 2014-04-18: Samsung And Swiss Federal Railways Work Out An Agreement
- 2014-04-18: Samsung’s Milk Music To Cost $4 Monthly For Ad-Free Experience
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released