Just last week Samsung unveiled the Galaxy Gear, the smartwatch that Samsung was rumored to be working on. While the device had its pros, there were cons as well, with one of them being its battery which would basically only last a day. No one likes the idea of charging their watch so obviously this was a feature not well-met by tech enthusiasts. However it seems that the Galaxy Gear is only the first in the line of several smartwatches that the South Korean tech giant has planned.
Samsung has since confirmed that there will be more Galaxy Gear variants to be released at a later date, and that these Galaxy Gear variants will appeal to a wider audience due to their differing features and price points. The device is priced at $299.99 which admittedly is pretty expensive, so hopefully future Galaxy Gear iterations will come with a budget version as well. What do you guys think? Should Samsung wait to see if the Galaxy Gear will be successful before releasing more iterations? Or is this a similar situation with the original Galaxy Note which many felt was a novelty, but has since proven to be a massive hit?
Next Story: Grand Theft Auto 5 Cost $265 Million To Make
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy K Camera Sample Spotted (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Samsung's Galaxy Phones To Get Custom Amazon Kindle Book Store