When Apple unveiled the iPhone 5s, they announced a new 64-bit processor as well in the form of the A7, and it wasn’t too long after that announcement that Samsung announced their own plans for a 64-bit processor as well. It wasn’t sure as to when Samsung would be done with their 64-bit processors, but it was expected that it might be a while before we see them, but a recent report by a Korean publication has suggested that the company’s 64-bit processor could be in the final stages of development.
The processor would be part of Samsung’s Exynos lineup for chipsets which has made its debut in some of Samsung’s products. According to the report, this 64-bit processor will be making its debut in Samsung’s new tablets and will be an octa-core chipset with four Cortex-A57 cores and four Cortex-A53 cores, the latter being the more energy-efficient cores that will handle smaller processes. The report did not mention anything about smartphones but if we had to take a guess, the Samsung Galaxy S5 could be a likely candidate for the 64-bit processor, but we guess we will just have to wait and see what Samsung has in store for us.
Next Story: GTA 4 Mod Looks Unbelievably Realistc
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Exec Felt Jobs' Death Was 'Best Opportunity' To Attack iPhone
- 2014-04-16: AT&T Galaxy S4 Active Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Android Wear Smartwatch Expected Later This Year
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Shows Off Curved Batteries Used In The Gear Fit
- 2014-04-16: High-End Samsung Tizen Device To Arrive By End Of Q2 2014