Scoop.it is a popular content curation website that lets people build their own online publication using articles found across multiple sources on the Internet. In a few clicks, individuals and companies are able to collect and comment on numerous articles on the topics they are interested in.
One of the key benefits of the service is to offer an easy way for readers to find a lot of information on very specific topics. With Scoop.it, subject matter experts can easily create their own blog and collect the best information they find in one place, allowing them to build their community of followers. With more than 50 million pieces of content indexed by a large user-base, Scoop.it gets now a greater traction form search engine, a great benefit for users who want to market their expertise.
Today, the company launched its brand new iPad application that offers a few new features and a user experience optimized for the touch interface.
The key new feature launched with the iPad application is the ability to discover new content by browsing the Scoop.it community by interests. Additionally, with the mobile app, it is now possible to save and edit interests and share via email. The engine behind the content discovery feature is is powered by big-data semantic technology that crawls and categorize more than 10 million web pages every day.
Guillaume Decugis, CEO, Scoop.it, showed me a demo, watch the video demo to see how it works.
Scoop.it for iPad – Key Features
- Organize by topic, a hub for favorite content from which users can publish and share
- Find articles, videos, photos and other content in two ways: through interest-based communities and Scoop.it’s personalized suggestion engine
- Share content to all social networks
- Build greater visibility on the Web through search engine optimized and customizable topic pages
- Engage and grow an interest-based community
- Download Scoop.it for the iPad from The Apple App Store here: http://sco.lt/iPad (Available on Thurs., Sept. 5, 2013)
- Pearltrees 1.0 offers Pearltrees Premium with privacy features
- YouSendit: New Apps for iPad, iPhone, Android, Windows and Mac
- Box For HP TouchPad with 50 GB of Free Storage
- HBO GO Now Supports Google Chromecast Across iOS, Android, Web
- Twitter Quietly Removes Option To Direct Messaging Anyone
- Follow: apple, content curation, iOS, iPad, mobile app, mobile application, scoopit, web,