Earlier today Sony finally announced the much rumored DSC-QX10 and DSC-QX100 “Lens Style Cameras.” They are standalone cameras that look like lenses, but they can actually be mounted on a phone and be used as a grip, remote control and a viewfinder. If you were wondering when Sony will release these cameras, wonder no more. Pre-orders for both lens cameras are now live at Amazon, they will be shipped on September 27th.
The Sony DSC-QX100 has a 1 inch 20.2 megapixel sensor, F/1.8 lens and 3.6x optical zoom. It also has a manual focus and zoom ring. This particular camera costs $500, Amazon offers a $1.99 discount with Prime shipping. Sony DSC-QX10 is relatively cheaper. It has the 18.2 megapixel sensor instead of the 20.2 one, and a slower F/3.3 lens.. However, the cheaper options makes up for its shortcomings with 10x optical zoom. Amazon is offering it for $248. Both cameras are available in black and white colors. It can’t really be speculated right now how these lens cameras will perform in the market. Sony has thought out of the box quite evidently, but it remains to be seen if consumers adapt to them at a large scale. We’ve already posted our hands-on review of Sony’s new lens cameras, do stop by if you want to know more about the product.
Next Story: Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)
- 2014-04-21: Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20: Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-20: Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition To Get Android 4.4.3 KitKat (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented
- 2014-04-17: Xperia Z, ZL, ZR And Tablet Z Receive Android 4.4 Next Month
- 2013-09-04: Sony Cyber-shot DSC QX100 and DSC-QX10 “Lens Style cameras”
- 2013-09-04: Sony's AS30 "Action Cam" Has Arrived
- 2013-09-04: Sony Vaio Flip PC Comes in 13, 14 and 15 Inches
- 2013-09-04: Sony Vaio Tap 21 All-In-One PC
- 2013-09-04: Sony Vaio Tap 11 Competes With The Surface Pro